Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Trip to Tainan


Last weekend I visited Tainan, the southern part of Taiwan, and ate many typical dishes. There are lots of historical structures which attract travelers.


This pic is of the house which is covered over by trees. It was very mysterious. I loved it.


The Sword Lions. People in this city hang this symbol above the gate or on the wall to protect them from evil. This custom is very similar to Okinawa's シーサー in Japan. I've made a pair of シーサー when I traveled around Ishigaki island in Okinawa prefecture.

This is the シーサー I made! I gave them to my parents.



In fact, I love Japanese food and sometimes I miss my mom's dishes. But the street foods in Taiwan is also yummy. Here, you would see how I love eating!! :P


 The picture above? Yeah, as you see, I cannoned my husband. Lol



By the way, I've started learning Tai Ji Quan and the foot massage. I'll be more busy, but I will keep on writing this English blog! I promise. (I'm sorry my dear friends, I can't log in Skype lately...)


*Japanese Word of the Day*
次(つぎ)、どこ遊(あそ)びに行(い)く?
/tsugi, doko asobi ni iku?/
Where shall we go next?

*遊びに行く : to go out to play/visit/have fun
*食べに行く : to go out to eat

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had loads of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Yeah, I really enjoy my life ;)

      Delete

Comments on Google+: