Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Color

Today one of my Taiwanese language exchange partner got a day off, and she invited me to hang out. So we went to National Palace Museum in Taiwan. It was a beautiful sunny day.
It's already the end of October, but still warm outside. I was surprised that there were still cicadas. Japan must be much colder now.

You know, Japanese people love viewing scarlet maple leaves in Autumn. Of course I also do love maple-viewing (紅葉狩り /もみじがり).




In this season, many temples or shrines open till night and light up the maple trees. It's so amazing. You should see it with your own eyes ; )


If you're ready to go to Japan, this site will help you to find out where to go.
Autumn Foliage Front Information for the Whole of Japan 2013


I miss Autumn colors in Japan.



*Japanese Word of the Day*
秋(あき)って感(かん)じ!
/aki-tte kanji/
I feel like Autumn!/It seems like Autumn!

春(はる)Spring / 夏(なつ)Summer / 秋(あき)Autumn / 冬(ふゆ)Winter
春夏秋冬(しゅんかしゅうとう) the four seasons

*~って感じ
It's slang among young people. Sometime it's used to soften the sentence tone.


もう、ふざけるな!!って感じ。
I wanna say that don't mess around!

*ふざけるな!/ふざけんな!
Don't be silly! Nonsense! Shut up!Don't f**k with me!



What colors can you see in Autumn in your city? =)
赤とか、黄色って感じ?It's something like red and yellow and so on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: