Friday, March 7, 2014

Moths fly into the fire

Aww, it's been raining everyday!! I hope it'll be fine this weekend. :(

Yesterday, I bought a book about Taiwanese proverbs. It's really interesting to me.
Since I have to leave Taiwan within this year, I really wanna learn much more things during my stay in Taiwan. Now I'm very interested in Taiwanese language.


Okay, today I'm gonna introduce a Japanese proverb(ことわざ)!

飛(と)んで火(ひ)にいる夏(なつ)の虫(むし)
/tonde hi ni iru natsu no mushi/
Moths fly into the fire
(I don't know why but I like this. It's euphonious!)


Well, this song's title is a bit different.
飛んで火にいる夏の君(きみ)
Do you know what does it mean? This is one of the songs of Japanese rock band RADWIMPS. I used to listen to their songs when I was a student. It's 懐(なつ)かしい to me!


It's not Summer yet, and you don't have many chances to use this proverb,
but I just came up with it. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: