Thursday, February 20, 2014

Let's learn Japanese from a comedy show!

Have you ever seen Japanese comedy show?


This is one of my favorite. :)
They speak in natural speed, so it might be a little difficult to catch up with what they're talking about. I'm gonna write down their words and translate them into English. I hope it'll help you studying Japanese, and good work for me to practice writing English. If you have any questions about the words I wrote, feel free to ask me. And If you have any corrections/suggestions about my English, please let me know...!


--- First Part ---
A man wearing a blue jacket is waiting for an interviewer of a part time job.

あ~、バイトの面接(めんせつ)緊張(きんちょう)すんな~!
Agh, I get really nervous for my job interview!
--> 緊張すんな is a very casual and frank way of 緊張するな. It's way of young men speaking. The last letter "な" doesn't have meanings, but we often put it at the end of the sentence when we talk to someone or talk to ourselves. It's not the prohibition form, witch is also written and spoken as ~するな (= do not~).

ここで待(ま)ってろって言(い)われたんだけど遅(おそ)いな~
I was told to wait here, but he's late.
--> Did you find that the man said "おせえな", not "おそいな" as I wrote? As I wrote before, he speaks in very casual, frank way. It sounds a little rude.


--- Second Part ---
A store manager came, and he's talking on the phone.

え?!また万引(まんび)き?!
What? A shoplifter again?!

おお、副店長(ふくてんちょう)が捕(つか)まえたのか!
Oh, our vice store manager has got him!

で、どこ連(つ)れてったんだ?
So, where did he take the shoplifter to?
--> This "で" is the shortest form of "それで". It urges somebody to continue speaking.

どの部屋(へや)連(ど)れてったかわかんない?
Don't you know where he took the shoplifter to?

あー、わかった!探す!
Agh, all right! I will search for him!

・・・ったく、どの部屋(へや)だ?
Shoot, which room is that?
--> たく is also the shorten form of まったく. He's very irritated.

この部屋(へや)か?
Is this room right?


--- Third Part ---
君か!!
That's you!

はい!
Yes!

店長だ。
I am  the store manager.

あ、どうも。
Well, nice to meet you.
--> どうも is a very frank greeting. You shouldn't use this in business, though.

座りなさい!
Have a seat!

私(わたし)ぐらい長年(ながねん)経験(けいけん)あるとね、
As I have a long experience,

だいたいわかっちゃうんだよ。
somehow I can see it.
--> He suggests that he could tell who is a shoplifter or not. You know, he's misunderstanding, though. :P

君(きみ)は見(み)るからにやりそうだな!!
You are obviously the one who does it(shoplift)!

ありがとうございます!!
Thank you very much!
--> He thought the shop manager looks him as a person who does a good job.

ほめてないよ!!何(なに)が「ありがとうございます」だお前(まえ)!
I do not applause you! How dare you say "Thank you", YOU?!
--> お前 is a very informal way of  "you".

あ、すいません。
Uh, sorry.

すいませんじゃないよ!!
Don't say "sorry".
--> Oppressive people often repeat someone's words, and add "じゃないよ" to blame him/her.

なに君(きみ)、こういうことするのうちの店(みせ)が初(はじ)めて?
Hey you, is it your first time to do(shoplift) like this in my shop?

いえ、以前(いぜん)コンビニで5年ほどやってました。
No, I had been doing it(part time job) in a convenience store for five years.

5年も?!!!一軒(けん)のコンビニで?
For five years?!!! At one convenience store?
--> We use 軒(けん) to count the number of shops, houses, and buildings. Like 一軒(いっけん)、二軒(にけん)、三軒(さんけん)、四軒(よんけん)・・・

はい。
Yes.

ずーっとその店(みせ)だけ?
Only that store for such a long time?

はい。
Yes.

なんてやつだお前(まえ)は・・・。
What the hell are you...

名前(なまえ)は?
Your name?

あ、えー、「こじま かずや」です。
Uh, well, I'm Kojiza Kazuya.

こじまね・・・、年(とし)は?
Kojima, okay... and how old are you?

(年)は~、25です。
 It's.. 25.

25。住所(じゅうしょ)は?
25. What's your address?

あ、すいません。履歴書(りれきしょ)持ってきたんですけど。
Well, excuse me, but I brought my personal resume.
--> In Japan, we usually bring our personal resume for a job interview. Not only your name, phone number, address, job experiences, but also you have to write your appeal points, your favorite subject (if you are student) or the reason why you chose this job, etc. How is it like in your country? :)

なんで持(も)ってんだそんなもん?!
Why do you have a such thing?
--> 持ってんだ is an informal verbal form of 持っているんだ.

なんで履歴書(りれきしょ)なんか持(も)って来(き)てんだよ!!
Why do you bring your personal resume?!
--> 持って来てんだよ is also an informal verbal form of 持って来てるんだよ!

いや、こう言(い)う時(とき)のために。
Well, just in case.

こうなること想定(そうてい)してたのか君(きみ)は?!
Did you expect this situation?


--- Fourth Part ---
The shop manager was further irritated and snatched the man's resume.

あれ?これ嘘(うそ)ないだろうね?
Hmm? Aren't there any lies?

いや、嘘(うそ)ないっすよ。
Nope, there aren't any lies.
--> ないっすよ sounds less formal than ですよ.

わぁ、君(きみ)高校(こうこう)時代(じだい)ラグビーで全国(ぜんこく)大会(たいかい)出てるのか!
Wow, you've attended the national rugby competition in your high school!

い、そうなんすよ!
Yes, I have!

ですから、ぼくどんな重(おも)い物(もの)でも素早(すばや)く運(はこ)べます!
So I can carry anything away very quickly, no matter how it's heavy!
--> He wanted to appeal his ability to get the job but...

なんのアピールだよ!!!状況(じょうきょう)わかってんのかお前(まえ)な?
What are you appealing for!! Do you understand this situation?



Okay, that's all for today!
This weekend I'm gonna go back to Japan, and stay for a week. I hope it's not so cold. Perhaps I cannot connect the internet in Japan, so I won't be able to update this blog. X(

See you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: