Thursday, February 5, 2015

THE HIDDEN CHARMS OF JAPAN - 1 -



The ticket gate in Kanazawa station is not automatic like in Tokyo and Osaka. You have to show your ticket to the station staff when you go through the gate.

Okay, now you got to Kanazawa. You may have a big luggage. If the place you're going to stay is near the station, you can leave your luggage there, but if not, there're also lockers in the station.


The first place we headed for was, Omicho Market. We bought one-day tickets and get on a bus to go there. You can walk to Omicho Market as it only takes 15 minutes from the station. Or you can rent a bicycle. >> Bus Information


I used to go to this market with my grandma when I was small.

写真提供:金沢市

Seafood in Kanazawa is really fresh and delicious. (Though I don't like fish very much...) We enjoy walking around the market and had a rich 海鮮丼(かいせんどん), a seafood bowl.




Then we walk around Tatemachi Street, a shopping avenue for young people. There were only a few people walking there because it was a weekday. It wasn't a busy avenue at all. If you prefer bustle town, I recommend you to go there on weekends.

After shopping, we went to Naga-machi Buke Yashiki District. Buke means samurai families, and Yashiki means residences.







I felt as if I had been transported to samurai era!! XD You can find some Japanese confectionery shops and tea houses there. Why don't you have a cup of 抹茶(まっちゃ) green tea, and a small cake?


I strongly recommend you to go to Nomura-Ke, the old house of samurai. I love their garden. Can you believe that such a beautiful garden is hidden inside of the plain and simple mud wall? It's gorgeous!

写真提供:金沢市
We leisurely walked, took many photos. It was already evening when we headed for our next destination. After seeing the old district, we enjoyed modern art!

写真提供:金沢市




But we had only 30 minutes to see the museum because they close at 6 p.m. So we decided to go there again the next day.




写真提供:金沢市

写真提供:金沢市

Then we went to Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi. It already got dark and I couldn't take photos well. But this is the place worth visiting at night, too. It's so calm and mysterious.





This was the first day of our trip. I'm going to write about the 2nd and the 3rd day on my next post. :) I hope you enjoyed reading this entry. See you soon!


**The photos with the caption "写真提供:金沢市" are provided by the official website of Kanazawa city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: