Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Japanese Phrases for Language Exchange

Learning foreign languages is really fun, don't you think so? :D

I do love the idea of the Language Exchange (LE). Maybe you guys already knew it, or have done it before. It's simple, I teach you my mother language (Japanese!), and you teach me your language instead.




The title of this video is "How to Become Fluent in English", but it also applies to other language learners. If you want to be able to speak your target language, the best way is, to speak.


So, I'm gonna tell you the GOLDEN PHRASES in Japanese for LE today!!
(informal/friendly term)

(1) How do you say ~ in Japanese?
~は日本語(にほんご)でなんて言(い)うの?
/...wa nihongo de nante iu no?/

(2) Can you write it down?
書(か)いてくれる?
/kaite kureru?/

(3) Can you say it again?
もう一回(いっかい)言(い)ってくれる?
/mou ikkai itte kureru?/

(4) What does ~ mean?
~ってどういう意味(いみ)?
/...tte douiu imi?/

(5) Can you speak more slowly?
もっとゆっくり言(い)ってくれる?
/motto yukkuri itte kureru?/

(6) Is it correct?
合(あ)ってる?
/atteru?/

Any other phrases? Hmm, let me know if you have ideas.
And here, some more phrases to make the conversation go smoothly.

(7) Yeah / Right / Yes, it is
そうそう
/so so/

(8) I see.
なるほど~
/naruhodoo/

(9) Oh, I got it!
お~、わかった!
/oh, wakatta!/


Japanese people tend to give responses (like うん, へ~, そっか~ etc.) many times during the conversation. If you want to find a language exchange partner, look at this post.

That's all for today! Thank you for reading guys! See you again.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: